At our AFT 2121 General Membership Meeting on October 21st:
1) We questioned State Community College Chancellor Brice Harris about the future of our college and on the illegal actions of the ACCJC:
- Watch as former 2121 president Alisa Messer talks about CCSF faculty morale during the accreditation fight.
- Watch as Librarian Karen Saginor asks about the ACCJC’s reign of fear and retaliation: “Why is this tolerated?”
- Watch as English instructor Xochi Candelaria questions why our college’s humane approach to the recession was punished: “How will Harris will ensure similar injustices aren’t visited on other colleges?”
- Watch the full hour-long video of the Q & A with Harris.
2) We also discussed our upcoming contract negotiations and how our union decided to incorporate greater input into the selection of the negotiating team:
- Any member who fills out this form and gets the signature of 20 other members can be nominated to the negotiating team. Those running for the negotiating team can also write a 100 word statement describing why they would be a good negotiating team member. Both the form and the statement are due Friday, November 14.
- Our negotiating team will be elected by the Delegate Assembly at their November 18 meeting on the Chinatown campus.
- Read the full unapproved minutes from our general membership meeting.