Last chance: Strike Authorization vote ends tomorrow, FLEX Day, Tues. March 8. Wear your AFT 2121 t-shirt!
- Where to vote tomorrow
- Info flyer for students
- Key questions about the Strike Authorization Vote
- Compare – cost of living to the District’s offer for Full-timers
- Compare – cost of living to the District’s offer for Part-timers
AFT 2121 Leadership Elections, 2016-2018
Every 2 years, we elect faculty who are members in good standing of our union to positions of leadership.
Over the last year, your Union has been working to improve representation for rank and file members at our Delegate Assembly, the democratic decision-making body for AFT 2121.
Our hard-working delegates (Precinct Reps) have brought your voice to our monthly meetings where we discuss everything from bargaining strategy to job actions to political endorsements to the end-of-semester party. They have also collected new membership forms, knocked on doors, gathered signatures, and had many conversations with faculty about building power through collective action.
As part of our effort to improve our precinct rep organization, we have added several precincts, and shifted some faculty to different precincts. As a result, your precinct number may have changed. As you consider nominating someone for our upcoming leadership elections, please:
1) Consult the list of faculty by last name to check your current precinct number.
2) Then check the list of faculty by precinct number.
3) We encourage you to think about the person you turn to in your department or area. That person might be a great rep. Or maybe you would like to serve. Either way, fill out this precinct rep nomination form and return it to our union office before Thursday, March 17, 2016 to be included in the official ballot.
Here you can see a list of faculty who are members of the union in each precinct and thus eligible to serve as officers or reps. If your name does not appear on this list, you may not be an official member of our union. Please fill out the membership form and submit it before March 22, 2016 in order to be eligible to run and/or vote in the leadership election.
Nominations for Officer and Executive Board
Four Officer positions: President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary, as well as six additional Executive Board at large representatives, nine labor council delegates, and up to 17 delegates to the AFT convention will also be chosen in this election. In order to nominate someone for an Officer position or for Executive Board position five signatures of faculty union members are required in support of the nomination. Please fill out the Officer/Executive Board nomination form and submit it to our union office by March 17, 2016 for qualification to the ballot.
March for our contract and the public education California deserves!
Stand with education workers from across California for the public education California deserves. Wear your AFT 2121 t-shirt and ask students to wear their “we are all CCSF.” buttons!
WHAT: March for Public Ed
WHEN: Friday, March 11, Meet at 12pm
STARTS: At the annual CFT Convention (Hyatt Regency Hotel, 5 Embarcadero Center, San Francisco)
- Educators, community & students united for quality public education!
- Educators’ working conditions = student learning conditions!
- Fund education, not administration!
- Defend the public education California deserves!
- Put money into San Francisco’s classrooms!
For more than a year, counselors, librarians, and teachers at City College of San Francisco have been struggling to negotiate a contract that maintains quality by investing in the classroom and the educators who do the work. But instead of investing in our student¹s future, the administration is seeking to cut 26% of classes, while sitting on massive reserves.