Our first week of Solidarity Summer sessions on “Organizing 101” were a success! So far, a total of 21 participants have had good discussions about building our collective power for our students, community, and members. Both our Wednesday
sessions have room for more! The courses are designed to make a coherent whole, but also be useful for those who can only make a limited number.
The remaining summer schedule is:
- Wed, June 22: Going on Strike in the Public Sector
- Sun, June 26: No session for Pride Weekend.
- Wed, June 29: Our Contract: We Care About It, Why Does The ACCJC? A Power Analysis.
- Sun, July 3: No session for 4th of July Weekend.
- Wed, July 6: Organizing 102, One-to-One Conversations
- Sun, July 10: Organizing 102, One-to-One Conversations
- Wed, July 13: Media Training
- Sun, July 17: Media Training
- Wed, July 20: Plan To Win!
- Sun, July 24: Plan To Win!
Locations and times:
Wednesday sessions are located in the AFT 2121 office, 311 Miramar Ave, San Francisco. The session is 4 – 7 with food provided. Note: the AFT office is not accessible for persons with disabilities.
Sunday sessions are located in the historic Redstone building in the Mission District, 2940 16th St, San Francisco. This session is 11-2, again with food provided. The Redstone building is accessible.
Please let us know which sessions you will attend. It is particularly encouraged for our Precinct Representatives to be a part of this training program. RSVP to organizer Michael McCown firstname.lastname@example.org, and please let us know if you need help with childcare.
Contact AFT 2121 at 415-585-2121 or visit us online at aft2121.org. Follow us on Facebook.
To update your email address, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please post, distribute, and otherwise share this information
with interested colleagues who may not be receiving emails.