With the Board of Trustees ratification of the new 2015-18 collective bargaining agreement (CBA) on Sept. 8, 2016, several things are set in motion. The District is targeting the Sept. 30 payroll for implementation of the salary improvements including:
- Retro pay of 9.6% of all 2015/16 earnings.
- Retro pay of 10.7% of all earnings between 7/1/2016 through 8/31/16
- Pay for September 2016 and thereafter will reflect 10.7% over old rates (9.6% increase in 2014/15 plus 1% for 2016/17)
- Faculty eligible for an additional step increase (Step 17 for full-timers and Step 13 part-timers) or because of credit for the 2009/10 step freeze will also see additional back pay for 7/1/16 thru 8/31/16 and, of course, and increase going forward.
- Retro payments will appear as separate earnings line items on the Sept. 30 check
New contract language and pay schedules
- Final Tentative Agreement, now ratified by the faculty and Board of Trustees
- Full-time per unit salary schedules
- Part-time & Full-time overload, workload, and hourly day-to-day substitute rate salary schedules
- Full-time and part-time counselor/librarian annual and workload Salary Schedules
These items will now be put together with the rest of the current contract and published as the new 2015-2018 AFT/District Agreement.
- New full and part-time faculty hired this Fall 2016 will be notified of new initial salary placement rules with the opportunity to apply for re-placement on the salary schedule based on teaching or related experience.
- New full and part-time faculty hired this Fall 2016 under an equivalency will be notified of opportunities for higher salary column placement based on the new contract.
Prescription co-pay reimbursements
- Drug prescription co-pay reimbursements resumes but only for full-time faculty and only for the amounts in excess of $1,200 in each plan year, including:
- Retroactively, July 1, 2015 through October 31, 2016.
- Subsequently, November 1 through October 31 annually.
- Claims under this benefit must be submitted during November 1 to 15.
Faculty should be aware of two new obligations under the new CBA
- Faculty must regularly check their District (ccsf.edu) email for official District communications from administrators, Department Chairs, and staff. Faculty who prefer to use their own email account can set their Outlook email account to forward all email communication to your own email account.
- Faculty are encouraged to attend student graduation ceremonies including a goal of 1/3 of full-time faculty attending the primary Ocean Campus commencement ceremony.
Under the agreement, the parties agreed to discuss several items after ratification
- The possibility of a District-proposed retirement incentive. (Many faculty have inquired about this. AFT will provide information once these talks ensue.)
- Incorporation of new language in the CBA that reflects the current agreement and practice regarding coaches’ compensation, including pay for post-season playoffs and release time and pay for Head and Assistant Coaches and Athletic Directors.
- Development procedures, systems and timelines for implementing reemployment rights for categorical employees, load calculations, and merging of categorical and general fund sick leave.
- Meet to explore viability of a Compressed Calendar program at CCSF.