1. Tomorrow – Contribute to CCSF Chancellor search
2. This Thursday – Tell PGC: “No guns on our Campuses!”
3. This week – RSVP for our AFT 2121 picnic party at Golden Gate Park
4. This Saturday – Bargaining Team nominations due
5. Next week – Delegate Assembly
6. Next week – Parking reimbursement forms due
1. (Tomorrow, 5/17) Last day to weigh in on CCSF Chancellor search
Tomorrow, Wednesday 5/17 is the last day for faculty and community members to contribute to our Chancellor search. The last two of the four candidates will be answering questions at public forums. The faculty forums are moderated with set questions, while the community forums are free form.
FACULTY FORUM – (MUB 140)
David El Fattal: 12:00-1:00pm
Mark Rocha: 1:00-2:00pm
COMMUNITY FORUM – (Student Union)
David El Fattal: 5:00-6:00pm
Mark Rocha: 6:15-7:15pm
Faculty are encouraged to complete candidate evaluations which will be collected by HR staff following each forum.
2. (This Thursday, 5/18) Tell PGC you stand with students: No guns on our campuses!
Our AFT 2121 Executive Board and our rank-and-file General Membership have voted to stand with our Associated Students and CCSF Solidarity Committee student leaders in opposing the arming of CCSF campus police.
We’ve seen the lasting impact of police violence on families in black, Latino, and poor neighborhoods. Arming our police will do more harm than good to our students from these communities. Our first concern is the safety of our students. We don’t believe that arming our campus police is the way forward. Community policing is the model that has worked for CCSF. And our police have been able to keep our community safe without guns for many decades. This should be celebrated and honored, and serve as a model for other schools.
You can help this Thurs. May 18 by attending the Participatory Governance Counsel meeting to tell them not to arm our Campus Police from 4:30-6:30pm in MUB 140. Please wear red for school pride, to represent standing against police violence, and solidarity with our students. If you’re making a comment expect it to be limited to 1 minute.
3. (This Saturday, 5/20) End-of-the-year Union Picnic, please RSVP
You’re invited to our AFT 2121 picnic, please RSVP!
Who: Faculty, partners, kids, pals
When: Saturday, May 20 from 11:00 am-3:00 pm
What: Barbecue fare, beer, lemonade, kid-friendly games, awards and lots of fun to kick off the summer (rain cancels).
Bring: Lawn chairs, blankets, games, frisbees, kiddos, friendly dogs.
4. (Saturday, May 20) Bargaining Team nominations due
Any member who fills out the AFT 2121 Bargaining Team Nominations Form and gets the signature of 20 other members can be can be nominated to run in the Bargaining Team election to be held at the 5/23 Delegate Assembly on on the Ocean Campus in MUB 140 from 3-5pm. The deadline for turning in your form is Saturday, May 20 at our Union Picnic in Golden Gate Park. If you have any questions about the Bargaining Team election procedure, please call (415-585-2121) or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. (Tuesday, 5/23) AFT 2121 Delegate Assembly
Who: AFT 2121 faculty, precinct reps, and leaders
When: Tuesday, May 23 from 3-5pm
Where: Ocean Campus, MUB 140
What: Our Union’s May meeting
6. (Wednesday, May 24) 2016/17 Parking Reimbursement due for Downtown, Chinatown/NB, Mission, and Ft. Mason
It’s parking reimbursement time again. Faculty eligible for parking reimbursements should use submit their reimbursement forms by May 24, 2017. More info…