Q: How can I still be a part of the City College family after I retire?
A: Join the AFT 2121 Retiree Chapter. Click here for an application form.
Q:How much does it cost to join?
A: Dues are $24 per year.
Q:How can the Retiree Chapter help at this critical time in City College’s history?
A:Retirees can use their expertise with just about anything from calling, to writing, carrying, designing, speaking, connecting, and helping to build consensus. You get the picture: Your knowledge, experience, and creativity are just what we need to save City College.
Q:Do AFT 2121 retirees affiliate with other organizations?
A:AFT 2121retirees helped establish the first CFT Retiree Council. Also, we are automatically members of the California Association of Retired Americans and the California Federation of Teachers.
Q:What are some of the other benefits of joining the Retiree Chapter?
A:Eligibility for the Credit Union, discounts at various venues, events for you to socialize with other retirees, automatic membership in other retiree groups, and AFT Plus resources.
For more information about our retiree chapter, email Ann Killebrew: email@example.com
To join the retiree chapter or to find out if you need send renewal dues, email Wendy Leung: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The next Retiree Chapter meeting is Monday, May 8, 2017, at 3:00 pm at the AFT office.
- On January 12, 2017, the Retiree Chapter once again presented for all faculty AFT 2121’s annual Retirement and Financial Planning Day, now in its eighth year. Always a popular event with faculty, this year it attracted almost 200 faculty members, a record number considering the recent downsizing of the college. This year’s event featured 22 informative workshops, continental breakfast, lunch with a keynote speaker, and Professional Development flex activity credit for all workshops. If you missed this year’s event, plan on attending the next one in January 2018!
Retiree Chapter meeting minutes
- 2017-03-15 Retiree Chap mtg minutes
- 2017-02-15 Retiree Chap mtg minutes
- 2017-01-18 Retiree Chap mtg minutes
- 2016-12-14 Retiree Chap mtg minutes
- 2016-11-10 Retiree Chap mtg minutes
- 2016-10-18 Retiree Chap mtg minutes
- 2016-09-21 Retiree Chap mtg minutes
- 2016-08-31 Retiree Chap mtg minutes
- 2016-05-11 Retiree Chap mtg minutes
- 2016-04-20 Retiree Chap mtg minutes
Retiree Chapter By-laws
- Part-time faculty retirement options and issues (pdf), presentation made by Cliff Liehe at AFT 2121’s Third Annual Retirement and Financial Planning Day and AFT 2121 Grievance Officer.
- Retirement primer for part-time faculty (pdf), by Cliff Liehe, a more in depth guide than the above presentation
- Social Security Offsets (Government Pension Offset and Windfall Elimination Provision)