Former AFT 2121 president recounts the trials of bargaining for our first contract
In a fascinating blog series, Lauri Fried-Lee, now retired, recounts her experience of negotiating the first collective bargaining agreement between SFCCD and AFT 2121.
- Union Reminiscenses-1 The Beginning of Collective Bargaining in my College District in California
- Union Reminiscenses-2 Winning the Collective Bargaining Representation Election
- Union Reminiscences-3 Negotiations and Unfair Labor Practice Charges
- Union Reminiscences-4 Negotiations and an All-Faculty Meeting
- Union Reminiscences-5 Impasse, Mediation, Fact-Finding and a Strike Threat
- Union Reminiscences-6 Part-time Faculty in the Contract, Then and Now