District offers “off-schedule” payment
- 1.5% each year of the contract for full-time faculty
- 2.23% each year of the contract for part-time faculty
Increases are not cumulative and salaries will effectively drop at the expiration of the contract. AFT continues to demand on-schedule salary increases substantially above what the District has offered.
For a detailed comparison of the AFT and District salary proposals visit the AFT 2121 Negotiations webpage.
No positive movement on workload
- District proposed increasing office hours for full time credit instructors from 2 hrs per week to a minimum of 5 hrs/wk.
- District rejected load factor improvements for labs and noncredit.
- District rejected AFT’s demand to lower minimum class size from 20 to 15.
No movement on evaluations
The District has not moved on its draconian proposals on faculty evaluation processes to increase the role of administration in the evaluation process. They want to:
- Default to management oversight of peer evaluations.
- Bring disciplinary matters into evaluation process.
- Void long-standing protections for faculty under tenure review.
- Eliminate pay for tenure review and mentors.
We rejected this proposal, but we need to continue to build union power to fight it off.
Picket the District!
Wear your AFT t-shirt (there will be new shirts distributed) and/or wear green, grey, or black in solidarity with your colleagues. We must continue to show the District we will fight back!