San Franciscans overwhelming passed Prop W to fund the Free City College initiative. Now, Mayor Ed Lee and some members of the Board of Supervisors have been talking about NOT making Free City College happen, despite being supported by the voters last month.
What’s the next step to make Free City College REAL? Tell the full Board of Supervisors: “thank you for your pledge to fund Free City with Prop W monies– don’t abandon that promise. Send $9 million to to the Free City College Initiative NOW to seed the fund for Fall 2017!”
Please join us Tuesday, December 13 at City Hall
(Meet at South Light Court to practice songs at 12:30pm)
2-3:30pm, for the Board of Supervisors’ meeting
(Stay as long as you can and show how much this matters!)Can’t attend the day of the meeting? Here’s two things you can do instead:
- Take 30 seconds to send Supes a letter: https://actionnetwork.org/letters/sf-board-of-supes-make-free-city-real?clear_id=true
- Make a short 30 second video answering this question: Why do you believe in making City College FREE for San Franciscans again? Tag Mayor Edwin M. Lee (type “@MayorEdLee”) and include the hash tags #FreeCity #KeepYourPromise
San Francisco must set the example and ensure access to quality education. With skyrocketing housing prices and high student debt, students often face choices between enrollment and rent, between textbooks and groceries.
- Compose a tweet with the hashtags #KeepYourPromise and #FreeCity
- Tag @MayorEdLee
- Use the Photo/Video attach button to choose your personalized video and attach to tweet
- Send to make your voice heard!
To post on Facebook:
- Open Facebook mobile app and Start a new story on your timeline in the “what’s on your mind” box
- Compose a message about why free City College is important to you with the hashtags #KeepYourPromise and #FreeCity [there are no character limits on Facebook, so you can include a longer message here]
- At the end of your message, you can tag the mayor and Supervisors Katy Tang, Malia Cohen, and London Breed by typing @ followed by their full name. Their names should appear for you to select as you type them out. For Mayor Lee, it would be @Mayor Edwin M. Lee
- Choose the video share button at the bottom of the message you are composing and select “Photo/Video” from the options to choose the video you filmed.
- Hit post when you are done composing your message and attaching your video.
Let’s make Free City REAL!