Our AFT 2121 rank-and-file leader Li Lovett is running for Assembly District Delegate to the state Democratic Party in district 19 (west SF & Daly City). She is running on a slate of 4 women and 4 men with a progressive vision for the party in the face of the era of Trump. Reform Slate for AD 19
is comprised of union members from AFT 2121, CNA & SEIU, and nonprofit activists and supporters of Bernie Sanders. Reform Slate for AD 19
is also supporting candidates like Wendy Aragon and Brigitte Davila from other slates.
If you are in Assembly District 17
on SF’s east side, their counterpart has a slate of 7 women and 7 men
Together they are advocating for:
- Keith Ellison for DNC Chair.
- Medicare for all healthcare.
- Free quality public education K-through college.
- Sanctuary cities and undocumented immigrants.
- Campaign Finance Reform.
- Affordable housing, rent control and Ellis Act Reform.
- Criminal Justice Reform and end to systemic racism.
- Right of workers to organize.
Voting for delegates happens during a narrow window — Sunday, Jan. 8th from 1-3pm.
They will run a car shuttle from Daly City BART station to the Doelger Senior Center where elections will take place.
More about the Assembly District Election Meetings (ADEM), which take place every two years, here: http://www.cadem.org/events/2017-adems