For the People: A CCSF Bill of Rights
- City College must remain accessible to those who need it most in San Francisco’s communities, including low-income and immigrant communities, displaced workers, veterans and the disabled, first- generation college attendees, full- and part-time students in need of second—and third—chances, and students transferring to four-year institutions.
- City College of San Francisco embraces a broad mission, serving a full range of educational needs and providing irreplaceable and affordable pathways for students by providing courses in academic disciplines, career and technical education, English as a Second Language, lifelong learning, and more.
- City College shall remain a public institution for the public good, guided by leaders at the college and in the community who will defend our institution from privatization, profiteering, and downsizing; these schemes do a disservice to our students, especially the most vulnerable who don’t have other viable options.
- With an enrollment as high as 100,000 in recent years, City College should have resources to function at full capacity in response to student needs, with fair and proper allocation of state and local funds for instruction and student support.
- Fair and sustainable working conditions are essential to the success of City College and its students. Faculty, staff, administrators, and student workers must be respected and supported: the people who do the work are crucial for the quality of education.
- Our democratically elected Board of Trustees should remain a cornerstone of City College operations, with public forums provided for all community members to speak. These democratic processes should be protected from attempts to streamline or take control of the college’s governance.
- City College faculty, staff, and students have an important voice in shaping decisions, short and long- term, that impact student access, budget planning, and distribution of programs and staff at the main campus, campuses and centers, and other sites where we operate. Our expertise matters and our voices count.
Download and endorse the CCSF Bill of Rights • View our endorsers